Alarm Status Table - Event value sorting

Hello everyone,

While using alarm status table using perspective, the event value sorting is not working as it should. It seems that it is sorting values as string not as float or integer. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Thank you.

What is the render mode for the column in question? (Table.props.columns[x].render) Make sure the render value is set to "number".

It looks that by default columns don't have this property. If I put manually render mode it doesn't have any effect.

By default, columns look like this

Yes they do - you must be looking elsewhere. I suspect you're looking at your data; you need to look at the exact property path I supplied.

No, I have an alarm status table, not regular table

Silly me... I will live forever with this shame.

The Event Value column is not intelligent enough to make any sort of inference regarding its type because different alarms could have different types, and so it will always sort that column as a string.
Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 9.47.00 AM

2 Likes

No worries :slight_smile:

Is there any workaround to this? Customer would really like to sort alarms by eventValues

You would need to use a regular Table, populated with alarm information, and where you use the aforementioned render property to force the numeric render type. Be warned that mixing value types while forcing a "number" rendering approach will result in weird display scenarios.
Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 9.50.24 AM

2 Likes

Ok I see, thank you :slight_smile: