Alarm text translation

Is it possible to translate alarm texts, which are defined in Tag editor under Alarming?
I can’t find a way… :blush:
I can translate the entire Alarm Status Table component, but the actual alarm text is always, what I put in Tag Editor/Alarming/Name.

Can you maybe post a screen shot of where you’re seeing this at? If it’s only the alarm status table, the translation should work, BUT, you’ll have to add the terms manually in the translation manager.

We intend to add a more helpful translation button on the actual alarm config screen, but I just tried it out, and if the alarm name is defined in the translation table, it appears to be used correctly in the status table.

Regards,

I just realized, I probably misread your post- I think you’re saying it’s fine in the table, but not in notification?

If so, which notification profiles are you using? I think you’re correct that they’re currently not being passed through the system, but we should be able to do that for 7.7.2.

Regards,

[quote=“Colby.Clegg”]Can you maybe post a screen shot of where you’re seeing this at? If it’s only the alarm status table, the translation should work, BUT, you’ll have to add the terms manually in the translation manager.

We intend to add a more helpful translation button on the actual alarm config screen, but I just tried it out, and if the alarm name is defined in the translation table, it appears to be used correctly in the status table.

Regards,[/quote]
Thank you. I didn’t add the term manually in the translation manager.
Next thing is, I can’t find the way to modify the timestamp format in the alarm status component.
If I set the language selector to English, it shows: September 11, 2014 6:28:33 PM CEST.
If I set language selector to Slovenian, it shows: 11. September 2014 18:28:33 CEST.
But I want it to show: 11.9.2014 18:28:33 in Slovenian and 9.11.2014 6:28:33 PM in English. Without CEST and long names for months.
In the Alarm Status component properties, Date format, it doesn’t matter what I put in… it’ll always show as I described above.

I updated to 7.7.1-rc3 (b2014091012) | 64-bit.
Now I have 11.9.2014 18:28 in Slovenian and 9.11.2014 6:28 PM in English, but without seconds!
My regional date and time settings on client (Windows 8.1) machine is set to: Short time: h:mm:ss and Long time: HH:mm:ss.
From where does the Ignition look for locale date and time settings: from client machine or from gateway computer?

[quote=“Colby.Clegg”]Can you maybe post a screen shot of where you’re seeing this at? If it’s only the alarm status table, the translation should work, BUT, you’ll have to add the terms manually in the translation manager.

Regards,[/quote]
What happened to ‘more helpful translation button’? :slight_smile:

1 Like

What happened to ‘more helpful translation button’? :slight_smile: