AlarmHighestUnackName/Priority not working as expected

I created an alarm on a simple boolean tag.

If I set the tag to true, an alarm is raised and correctly AlarmHighestUnackName is set to “Alarm” and AlarmHighestUnackPriority is set to 2.
If I acknowledge the alarm, correctly AlarmHighestAckName is set to “Alarm” and AlarmHighestAckPriority is set to 2, while AlarmHighestUnackName is set to “null” and AlarmHighestUnackPriority is set to -1.
If I set the tag to false, clearing the alarm, correctly AlarmHighestAckName is set to “null” and AlarmHighestAckPriority is set to -1.

If I set again the tag to true, an alarm is raised and correctly AlarmHighestUnackName is set to “Alarm” and AlarmHighestUnackPriority is set to 2.
If I clear the alarm, without acknowledging it, incorrectly, IMO, AlarmHighestUnackName is set to “null” and AlarmHighestUnackPriority is set to -1.
Shouldn’t they remain “Alarm” and 2? There still is an unackwnoledged alarm with priority 2 on my tag…

Bump…

I’d like to have an answer to this question. I think this is a bug, if I’m wrong, please explain why.
I tried to do animations using AlarmHighestUnackPriority, but unfortunately I cannot do it because I cannot animate something with the alarm priority when the alarm is not active, but still not acknowledged.

Thank you

1 Like

Bump again…
Sorry, but I’d like to receive an answer. At least can you tell me that I’m wrong?

Thank you

It's really inappropriate on a volunteer-driven forum to demand answers. Nobody seems to know, or chooses to answer. If this issue is that important to you or your business, IA offers official support, starting with support@inductiveautomation.com. You may have to pay for official support if you aren't a customer, or have allowed your support contract to lapse.

Yeah, sorry, I don’t know the answer to this offhand. It kinda seems like a bug, but if you want a definite answer just email support and then nobody can lose track of it while it gets looked into.

I didn’t ask to solve the problem, I just asked if this was an intended behavior or a possible bug. I think it is useful to a company if someone finds bugs in their applications and let them know. I don’t think my question was inappropriate, at least IMHO.
If Inductive Automation prefers anyone who finds bugs to write directly to their support, I will do it. I work in a company who programs PLCs and uses mostly Ignition as SCADA, but we buys licenses for our customers, so I don’t know if I have official support.
Anyway, even if I was just a student trying to use Ignition, I think I just did something useful to the Ignition user community…

Thank you for the answer. As I wrote in the previous post, do you prefer me to open an email support for this bug? I found a workaround for my projects, so I don’t need a solution, I just wanted to try to help you solve a bug.
Again, thank you for the support

I made a ticket for it. Someone will eventually review it during a “bug scrub” meeting. I don’t know if this forum post will ever be updated with an affirmation or if/when it’s fixed, though.

Thank you. I know I will receive no update, it happened also 2-3 year ago when I reported in this forum another bug that now has been solved. Just to know how to do in the future if I find other bugs: do you prefer me, or anyone else, to post in this forum or to email support?

If it’s definitely a bug support is the right way to go. Posts here are easily missed and have no accountability.

Also, through support, you can ask to be notified when the bug is fixed.