I currently have two issues:
1- have tried everything trying to set up my alarm and still not getting emails out of my pipeline. I work for a big company so I don’t know if I should call IT to have them involve or its just my settings that need to be tweak up a bit! I did pretty much everything by the book and still no emails out. I went ad far as opening up a Gmail account just try it out and used all the settings described in the manual (Stmp, port,etc etc). Do I have to write down my email and password or perhaps I am missing something else?
2_I have recently wrote an application with four Windows and its currently online in the plant. I didn’t use an alarm Windows (pop up windows when the numbers are out of spec).so, How do I add a new dock window with the alarm Icon attach to it? Or just an alarm setting that would pop everytime its required to.
As for emails being sent: if you are using Gmail, yes you need to use your fully qualified email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) as the username and your password.
Testing the alarm notification emails is troublesome because there are multiple new parts to it in 7.6. You need to make sure that you have
- a user with an email address
- a roster with the above user
- an email notification profile
- a pipeline that sends an email using the above roster and email profile
- a test alarm that’s set to go to the above pipeline
- make sure the pipeline has been saved
- check the Console in the Ignition Gateway. It will say if the email failed delivery to the smtp server.
- check your spam folder. Gmail often marks Ignition’s emails as spam because it sounds like a program wrote them (which is true!).
There are lots of different ways to make a window that shows your current alarm status. You could create a new docked window and put a label or status table on there. You could set up a tag change script that opens a window, etc.