Alarming Schedule Guidance

I am open to guidance on the best way to input the following schedule into the Alarming Schedules.

We operate on a 28-day cycle and our shifts run from 7 to 7. See the image below.

Thank you in advance for ideas and guidance!

Sam

Assuming you’re on at least Ignition 7.7.2*, you’ll need to build a lot of little schedules and make them into composites of composites. I’ll take schedule D as an example.

Start with creating D1, active SMTW from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., which repeats 1 week on, 3 weeks off, starting on day 1. Similarly, create D2, active ThFS, same repeat, but starting on day 19.

Create schedule D3, active ThFSS 7 p.m. to midnight and FSSM from midnight to 7a.m. Make the repeat like above, but this starts on day 12. And make D4 for the segment starting on day 23.

Now for the composites. Composite together D1 and D2 and call it D12. Composite D3 and D4 and call it D34. Finally composite together D12 and D34 into your final D schedule.

Yeah, it’s a lot of work. Luckily you only have to do it once. We’re kicking around some ideas to make the construction easier without sacrificing complete flexibility for schedules like yours, but nothing has really jumped out as outstanding yet.

• Composite schedules were introduced in 7.7.0, but they did not work correctly until 7.7.2

Thank you. I’ll try it out and reply when I have.

Do we need to have a D0.5 for Sun since it appears that the week starts with a Monday or does the starting date override the day of the week?

I’m not 100% sure I understand your question, so please let me know if I totally miss the mark here…

The weeks on/off are calculated just off your starting date, and don’t take the start of the calendar week into account. If you put your starting date on a Wednesday, it will calculate the weeks on/off as Wed-Tues. And your starting date can be in the past.