Alarms Occasionally Not Clearing [Legacy Alarming]

We’re occasionally seeing alarms that are not being cleared by the system when they are back within normal operating ranges. This happens to both binary and analog type alarms. We’re using the Legacy Alarming system so we can access the alarm data from other scripts and trim off the first portion of the path.

We started seeing this after our upgrade from 7.3.3 to 7.6.1. About a month later, we upgraded to 7.6.3 to try to fix that issue, and it seemed to have worked for some time, but now we’re having issues again.

The alarm still does not clear even if I disable/re-enable the tag and/or alarm. I’ve also tried changing the OPC provider string to force a bad value, and then swap it back with no dice.

There are no “Active Delays” set on these alarms as was the case for this post: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=10261

Any information on this, or is there additional info I can provide to help troubleshoot this?

Alright, so I found the “legacySendClear” option in the name column of "sqlt_alarm_meta’. However, there are only about 10 alarms which have this option. These are the only alarms in which the Legacy->“Send Clear Message” shows up for in the alarm editor.

One of the tags/alarms this showed up for was a Test tag that I use an expression to activate an alarm on. I tried setting the “Send Clear Message” to true (all of the alarms that this was present for were set to false) and tested it, but it’s still not working. Is this a bug, or am I overlooking something?

When we upgraded, I was missing the “enabled” field for all of my alarms, so I had to run a query to get that situated for all of them. I suspect I’d have to do something similar for this situation (once we figure out why it’s not working). See: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=10527