Alert Distribution Group Setup

Can someone give me a step by step setup procedure to generate a window that allows operators/users to add or remove themselves from an “On Call” alert distribution list? On call operators need to receive text message alerts. I am already using the Administration Window from the IA Demo Project. I would like to incorporate the above mentioned functionality into this window.

I can do one better. Here is a completed window to add/edit/delete distribution lists and contacts. You can alter the window to fit your needs.

AlarmDistributionLists.vwin (27.4 KB)

That’s an awesome screen but I ran into a problem with it. When you try and save a new group it comes up with an error that it can’t add it into the data base because of a Null value:

fpmi.db.runPrepStmt(“INSERT INTO %s (%s_ndx, name, expression) VALUES (NULL,?,?)”

Seems like it’s a Microsoft SQL thing though:

Traceback (innermost last):

File “event:actionPerformed”, line 13, in ?

java.lang.Exception: Error executing system.db.runPrepStmt(INSERT INTO alert_distro_groups (alert_distro_groups_ndx, name, expression) VALUES (NULL,?,?), , [Kill_Floor, {[SEVERITY]} = 4 && {[GROUP_NAME]} LIKE ‘Kill Floor Alarms’])

Caused by: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Gateway Error 301: SQL error for “INSERT INTO alert_distro_groups (alert_distro_groups_ndx, name, expression) VALUES (NULL,?,?)”: DEFAULT or NULL are not allowed as explicit identity values.

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: DEFAULT or NULL are not allowed as explicit identity values.

It also seems like the ‘Items’ section of the Reference Property button needs to be updated, it seems like some of those properties either don’t exist or the names changed? FYI.

That is just what I needed. Thanks Travis!

To fix that error just remove the ndx column from the insert query.

That did indeed fix it, thanks!