Alert Notification Error

Hi,

I have been getting the below errors for awhile now Version 7.4 or 7.5 , they dont seem to affect the alert email or filtering at all but I just want to tidy up any errors in the console.

Expressions are VALID but for some reason it only errors when I have {[SEVERITY]} in the expression. eg…

{[Display_Path]}=“JB0265 Wheatstone” && {[Severity]} = 4 && {[JB0265_Wheatstone_Fly]Controls/Email Notification} = 1 creates the error but

{[Display_Path]}=“JB0265 Wheatstone” && {[JB0265_Wheatstone_Fly]Controls/Email Notification} = 1

Dosen’t…

2012-12-02 5:21:18 AM Plant Alert Email Notification Error evaluating distribution group expression. Group: JB0265 Wheatstone Flycamp

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.alert.AlertVariable.getFrom(AlertVariable.java:97)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.alert.AbstractAlertExpressionContext$AlertVariableExpression.execute(AbstractAlertExpressionContext.java:111)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.expressions.EqualityExpression.execute(EqualityExpression.java:43)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.expressions.LogicalExpression.execute(LogicalExpression.java:48)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.expressions.LogicalExpression.execute(LogicalExpression.java:47)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.alert.notification.distrogroups.DistroGroup.checkAlert(DistroGroup.java:76)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.alert.notification.DistributionEmailAlertNotificationProfile.getAddresses(DistributionEmailAlertNotificationProfile.java:571)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.alert.notification.AbstractEmailAlertNotificationProfile.receiveAlert(AbstractEmailAlertNotificationProfile.java:118)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.alert.notification.DistributionEmailAlertNotificationProfile.receiveAlert(DistributionEmailAlertNotificationProfile.java:555)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.alert.notification.AlertNotificationManagerImpl.receiveAlert(AlertNotificationManagerImpl.java:211)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.alert.AlertBusImpl$Publisher.run(AlertBusImpl.java:88)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$ThrowableCatchingRunnable.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:526)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any thoughts?

cheers

tim…

I can’t reproduce this issue, what version of Ignition, OS, and Java are you using?

Also, if it’s not too much trouble could you upload a project backup, and/or your alert notification profile settings?

It looks like that must be happening trying to process alert messages that don’t actually have severity set. I’m not sure how that could happen, perhaps with the startup “register” messages . Does this only occur when starting the system, or all of the time?

Regards,

Using Windows Server 2008, Java 7 u9, Ignition 7.5.4 (b1206)

This is not related to the latest version of Ignition as I have seen these issues with previous versions.

I cant see any real pattern to when the errors appear as they pop up multiple times in a couple of seconds or just once.

There are multiple Notification groups and all appear at the same time unless I remove the SEVERITY, then only those with SEVERITY appear. logs.bin.gz (446 KB)

Is there a way to export the notification setup for you to see?

The Gateway is setup with multiple projects (hub and spoke style) with a single Alert DB and a complete backup is about 75MB. Is there a way to get the backup to you?

Cheers

Upload the gateway backup here:

inductiveautomation.com/uploads

Use ticket number 9463.

Thanks James,

Backup has now been uploaded.

It looks like you’re using a database table to store the distribution group information, can you upload that table to the ticket as well? Thanks.

MS SQL contacts DB backup has been uploaded.

Cheers

What type of file did you export the table as? The file extension is missing.

Its a MS SQL Database backup… They dont seem to have an extension??

You should be able to restore it to a MS SQL server instance.

This is the MS SQL version info if it helps?

Still having trouble replicating this issue. I would suggest calling in to tech support (800) 266-7798 so one of the tech support reps can take a look at the actual system. Be sure to reference ticket 9463 when calling in.

No probs,

Thanks for having a look.

As I said it is not causing any dramas will give the support guys a call.

Cheers