All Devices Connecting & Disconnecting Rapidly on OPCUA

I have attached my log files - All connections seem to be timing out after they have just connected. Tried rebooting the server and restarting the ignition service, and nothing works. I also deleted and then added the drivers again on a few of them and they start cycling connected, disconnected, etc. Seems to say timeout and then null pointer exception (See logs).

As far as I know this just started. I did reconfigure my MySQL backend this morning to have data files log to another location (And removed the original), but would this mess up the whole ignition install like this?
logs.bin.gz (598 KB)

Just checked, and not all of them are broken. We have about 50 devices on the OPCUA server, and about 10 of them are connected and I am getting data. The rest are cycling as shown in the log files output which are attached.

What’s changed lately? Did you move to a new system or anything?

It looks like the .tags files the CLX drivers use to store tag information is either corrupt or missing, which generally shouldn’t be a problem, but unfortunately there’s a NullPointerException being triggered when that happens…

Some additional Information:

We recently added a new drive to the system (e:). This is a virtual system and the new drive was part of a SAN which was extended using ESX to create the new drive.

All of this seems to have started about the time we did that. Also, the original drive that has all of inductive’s files ran out of memory recently (Was literally down to 0 bytes) but is now back up to 7GB free after we added the new drive and moved mysql’s data files over.

One other thing is if I create the drivers from scratch using a new name they function OK again. Let’s say I had a driver called FW13 and deleted it and then named a new one FinWine13 with same IP. This works fine, but the moment I rename the new driver to FW13, it starts messing up again.

Is there a cache somewhere that could be causing this? I really don’t want to have to delete all 50 of these and give them new names…

Somewhere in the Ignition installation directory there should be a folder called “driver” or “drivers”, inside which you’ll find a bunch of DEVICENAME.tag[s] files. Try shutting down Ignition, moving these somewhere (don’t delete them, in case this doens’t work), then start Ignition back up.

Cool! This worked. Maybe keep this in the back of your/my mind since we occasionally have one or two drivers that just suddenly start doing this - This is the first time it has been so many, however.

Also, didn’t need to restart either - I emptied the folder (Moved to a new one for reference if needed later), and the running service noticed they were gone and started rebuilding them from scratch (I watched the new .tags files popping into the folder the moment it was emptied). They are all working now.

Thanks again for the quick help! Any idea how this might have happened?

[quote=“bpirtle”]Cool! This worked. Maybe keep this in the back of your/my mind since we occasionally have one or two drivers that just suddenly start doing this - This is the first time it has been so many, however.

Also, didn’t need to restart either - I emptied the folder (Moved to a new one for reference if needed later), and the running service noticed they were gone and started rebuilding them from scratch (I watched the new .tags files popping into the folder the moment it was emptied). They are all working now.

Thanks again for the quick help! Any idea how this might have happened?[/quote]

No idea how it happened, but the problematic code doesn’t even exist anymore. You guys are running a rather ancient version.