I just had an emergency call from a customer that “the screen looked funny” on a 7.8.0 Instance we have installed onsite. I remotely logged in and saw that all my tags were either stale or bad (both my Query Tags and my OPC tags). However, after logging into the gateway, there were no obvious problems. I even went to my OPC Server status and it reported no errors. I wasn’t able to get the customer running until I disabled and re-enabled the OPC server.
I attached my log files. The lock-up happened a little after 10AM EST today (Apr 18).
This is very alarming as there was no obvious indication as to what the problem was (or that there was even a problem), since the Ignition OPC-UA server was reporting everything as OK on the Ignition Gateway webpage.