Applet creation / launch

I am bringing up a new Ignition 7.6 installation on Windows XP Embedded and trying to use a project that worked on another system. The project works fine in the browser. I have the Default Launch Mode set to Applet, however, it never creates the applet or shortcut, it runs only in the browser. It did create a shortcut to the designer and that works fine.

I also tried using the Client Launcher program, and it gets to the point of listing my projects, but I can’t find anything to click on to make it actually start the project.

I tried to launch the project from another computer (Windows 7), and I just get a Java box saying “Java™ needs your permissions to run.” but Designer works fine on that computer.

What am I missing?

You can create your own shortcut to the project , Here is an example of the URL you would need in order to make a shortcut. Here is the Url : “C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaws.exe” -localfile “http://Name or IP for the GW:8088/main/system/launch/client/nameOfProject.jnlp” . All you would need to do is create a new shortcut, and use the URL examp above to create the link. For more information you can go to our website under the Support tab and look our Knowledge Base Article # 151 for a more detailed guide for this process.