Applet Opens Oracl.com instead of my project in web browser

As the subject states, when I go to launch my project as an Applet, it opens to oracle.com

I’m guessing I need to install some other Java component, but cannot find any information on what that might be.

I sent an email to support, but I figured i’d try this forum out as well!

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Depending on the browser you use, it may not support applets. In general, we recommend using the native client launcheror the webstart launchers for your clients. Applets have been deprecated by some browsers and are likely to be blocked from all at some point in the future.

Thank you for the reply.

I want to be able to run Ignition in a web browser, though.

I thought the applet was the way to do it, but maybe not. Is there a way to run Ignition in a web browser? I suppose since it’s Java, any computer can run the client…

I was just hoping to be able to run in a web browser with no download/install needed.

1 Like

The same problem. When I go to launch my project as an Applet, it opens to oracle.com
I hope to run my project in a web browser with no download/install neede.

Please show me the right way/
Thanks in advance

Many browsers are now blocking java applets, and Oracle no longer supports them. Plan on using the Native Client Launchers for Vision applications, at least until Ignition v8 comes out and you can create applications for Perspective.

1 Like