Application Opening in the Wrong Resolution/Thinks computer is different resolution

I have a Ignition app that is opening in the wrong resolution but only when I open it remotely (prior to this we had it on our network server and it worked fine).

I am running an Ignition Gateway on an AWS EC2 instance. When I remote into this and try running the application there, it’s fine, I check my diagnostic label I have in my application and it tells me the desktop resolution is 1920 x 1080 which it is.

Then I go to my local computer, I use the native launcher to use the app, I check the resolution and it says 1536 x 864, but I know for a fact my local computer resolution is actually 1920 x 1080. The ignition app components look larger and don’t fit in the window and it gives me scroll bars.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Code I used for getting resolution:

from java.awt import GraphicsEnvironment
env = GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment()
screen = env.getDefaultScreenDevice()
size = screen.getDefaultConfiguration().bounds
print "The desktop resolution is %d x %d" % (size.width, size.height)

Edit: Ok so this is CLEARLY an issue with the Client Launcher. When I open it just by clicking directly on the app on the Igntion Gateway I don’t have any issues on any computer. And when I open up our working office version on our internal serve but open it using the client launcher, I get the same resolution issue. I think this is a bug that needs to be fixed.

If you have updated to 7.9.10 then it is a bug. I believe IA is aware and working on it.

1 Like

That is a relief. Thank you.

2 Likes