ArcGIS?

Has anyone incorporated ArcGIS maps into Ignition? A customer requested this if possible instead of google maps.

esri.com/products/index.html#arcgis_panel

looks like they have some java tools

and it looks like it uses python scripting.

Yeah at first glance it does look like something that could be used as the underpinnings of a GIS module for Ignition. What exactly were they looking to do with it?

I believe that they are using arcgis to map their site locations. What they would want to do is have their sites marked by an indicator on the map. If you hover the mouse over a indicator it would show a few parameters from the site if information is available like a flowrate or pressure. perhaps from there, if you click on the indicator, it would bring you to that sites detailed view, which would be a normal window in ignition.

It looks like they provide an api like google maps does, so it may kind of operate in the same way.

Sounds like a static map with overlays to me. Just get the map as an image and plop in onto a screen, and overlay some components on top. Am I missing something?

The only reason to use something like ArcGIS would be for a dynamic mapping system.

I use NagVis for a similar function.

[quote=“Carl.Gould”]Sounds like a static map with overlays to me. Just get the map as an image and plop in onto a screen, and overlay some components on top. Am I missing something?

The only reason to use something like ArcGIS would be for a dynamic mapping system.[/quote]

they are definitely doing some dynamic stuff, just not sure to what extent. im not sure yet what they would gain by using the arcgis as opposed to google maps in the project. It may just be as simple as we bought arcgis so we would like to use it.
I would think at the bare minimum they are mapping out the leases that they own, wellsites that they have, and perhaps geological data for those areas. Im not really sure though. Im gonna try and find out more.