Assistance with PLC Tag Display Adjustments and tag histogram

Hi.

I am reaching out to seek assistance with the Perspective module. I need to display a tag that incorporates mathematical calculations to adjust the raw value obtained from a PLC.

For instance, the raw value displayed by PLC tag-1 is 1526. I would like to apply an offset or a conversion factor to this value, such as adding 10.52 or dividing by 0.01, before it is displayed on the screen. The objective is to present a modified value that reflects necessary adjustments for accurate monitoring and analysis.

Furthermore, it is crucial for our tag histogram data to log these adjusted values instead of the raw data from the PLC. This will ensure that our historical records are consistent with the displayed information and can be used reliably for trend analysis and reporting purposes.

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on how to configure the system to meet these requirements. Your expertise in this matter is invaluable to us.

Thank you for your attention to this request.

That's what the tag scale mode is for!

You should be saving engineering measurements to your database - not raw counts.

6 Likes

I don't think that this is really specific to perspective.

There are several ways this can be achieved.

1. Use scaling on the tag.
  2. Use a derived tag, and historize the derived tag.
  3. Use an expression tag

You can also use tag change scripts and a memory tag, but I would avoid that the other options are much better. Notice that none of these options have anything to do with either UI module?

4 Likes