Auditing Configuration

I am trying to setup an Audit Profile and then view the changes made to it when I make a change to a tag, but somehow its not working. I followed the instructions on how to set it up in the user manual, but so far the only log it shows is when I logged in to the designer project. It is not showing any changes I make to tags I have.

I would very much appreciate some help with this. Most of the time I simply overlook one part of an instruction, but I have done all I know to do.

I am correct in assuming that the audit log should show, for example, if I write a different number into a holding register tag correct? Or, if I have a switch associated with a coil, and I turn it off and on, correct?

Thanks

What Version of Ignition are you running? This was a known bug in 8.0 and 8.0.1, but fixed for 8.0.2 which hasn't been released as a stable version.

I remember reading about there being a bug, when I started searching for an answer yesterday, but I thought I had read it was fixed and assumed since the thread was old and I had just downloaded the software last week, then I had downloaded the fixed version.

I figured it was something simple like this.

So bear with me in being very wet behind the ears with this stuff, but would there be something wrong with downloading the new version, or would I be better off waiting for it to be released as a stable one?

Thanks for the help. Very appreciated.

• List item