Automation Direct (ea7-t15c) Ignition

We have an Automation Direct ea7-t15c HMI and wanted to see if anyone has had any success running an ignition client on something similar. Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

The C-More family of products is entirely custom firmware and run only projects developed with their designer. Sorry. For low-cost machine UI, I’m a fan. Also, it’ll communicate with my Ethernet/IP module, so it’s not entirely useless in an Ignition environment.

Do you have any more information on using the ethernet/IP module with a C-More HMI?

Why not just let Ignition talk with the PLC? What do you need off the HMI you can't get from the PLC?

For most of our production cells, there is an HMI and PLC. We have some cells that do not have an HMI or PLC. We would like to add a simple operator input to feed an Ignition app with scrap counts even in the non-automated cells. Being able to communicate directly with an HMI will reduce cost of the addition to those cells while adding the data
input capability.

Do you use Vision, Perspective or both?

Do you have the unlimited license?

If you have perspective you can literally just a tablet or phone their.

If you have the unlimited license you could just put a cheap IPC and run a client on it.

My module's Adapter mode mimics a Logix PLC's data table, so it is possible to use the CMore's Logix driver to communicate with Ignition.

My module's Scanner mode can treat the CMore HMI as a remote I/O device for low-latency operations in addition to using the CMore's Logix driver.

That said, I normally recommend Vision on commodity hardware for such applications.

2 Likes