Automation Professionals' EtherNet/IP Communication Suite V2

I certainly cannot regenerate a complete L5X--I throw away all the tasks, programs, routines, and controller properties.

But a feature to export all the raw data completely--maybe. (That's how this used to work--suppressing billions of zeros is the new-fangled design.)

1 Like

Can we use system.device.addDevice to add an EtherNet/IP Class1 Host Device?

Are the keys documented anywhere?

You cannot, effectively. There's no way to supply the required configuration XML.

I have to rework this for 8.3, so it will be possible at least by then.

2 Likes

Automation Professionals is pleased to announce a new production release of this module. Highlights:

• Fixes another regression in L5X import/export related to clashes between Rockwell predefined types and ODVA CIP type names.

• Fixes gateway configuration of controller-scope tags with non-Rockwell features, like non-zero-based array dimensions.

• Fixes long-standing regressions in Designer-side live editing of Host Device instance data types and controller-scope tags.

• Adds Designer-side live editing of program-scope tags and program-specific code modules. Previously only configurable with XML import of the entire Host Device.

For Ignition v8.1+, as usual: v2.1.17.241411841

Side note: Adding/removing program scopes in a Host Device instance is still only possible with XML import. This functionality is planned for a future release--certainly by v8.3, as the wicket editors in the gateway are going away and will not be replaced (as such).

Note that if you do use non-Rockwell features in your tags and/or data types, expect external systems using a Logix driver to choke when browsing that Host Device.

Hey Phil, can you please give an example of a non-Rockwell feature?

Rockwell array tags can be up to three dimensional, but all subscripts begin at zero. Rockwell UDTs may have array members, but only single-dimensional, and still zero-based.

Omron and Keyence (and others, I think) support three-dimensional arrays for both tags and UDT members, and all of those dimensions can have a non-zero starting subscript.

Lots of odd differences with booleans, and boolean arrays, and UDT member alignment, and large variances in support for ODVA's elementary data types.

Automation Professionals is pleased to announce a new production release, fixing an uncommon bug in Scanner mode connection breakage handling.

For Ignition v8.1+ as usual: v2.1.18.241701138

The reporting client's environment takes multiple days of operation to show the flaw in question, which required a lengthy QA period to achieve confidence in the fix. I did not replicate the bug in-house, but the client's report was sufficiently detailed to allow static analysis to expose the flaw.

2 Likes

Automation Professionals is pleased to announce that this EtherNet/IP driver suite is now available for purchase for Ignition Edge, with a steep discount. See Automation Professionals' updated Module Sales Policy here:

https://www.automation-pros.com/Module%20Sales-2024-09-23.pdf

9 Likes

Automation Professionals is pleased to announce a new production release, fixing another hard-to-hit bug in Scanner mode connection breakage handling.

For Ignition v8.1+: v2.1.19.242671936

This fix, generated a few weeks ago, has been simmering in the reporter's production environment to confirm the solution.

All users should upgrade.