Automation Professionals' Image Streamer Driver Module

No idea. Might work.

Yes, required for RTSP support. On Ubuntu 20.04+ with Ignition v8.1, the Ubuntu-supplied OpenCV is sufficient. You just have to tell Ubuntu to install it.

1 Like

Doesn't seem to work with a camera using digest auth. Or I am missing something.

Did you put the user and password in the URL? While not supported by browsers nowadays, that is what OpenCV expects.

Yes, I tried multiple things, I thought this might work:

http://<user>:<pass>@<cameraIpAddress>/mjpg/video.mjpg

But it did not.

Great module, we are using it here at Gallarus Industry Solutions for creating visually interactive graphics by taking in RTSP streams , Vouching for Phil and automation professionals as their support has been spot on for this module.

Phil was able to provide help and solutions when we were faced with difficulties with implementation of this module, he has made more stable builds in order to fix any compatibility issues with linux and this module works perfectly for us now.

Massive thanks Phil for the help and support and would highly recommend this module for taking in RTSP streams.

-- Alex

1 Like

Formal release of a couple fixes, a new feature, and updated documentation coming shortly.

hi,

I'm trying to implement an IP camera in perspective.

How can I purchase this module?

I'm currently trying to test it, but I'm getting the following status:

I put in Stream URL as rtsp://ID:password@IP:554/stream1.

Also, I tried entering without ID and password.

All results are the same. [Status : Trial Run]

Do I really need to install FFmpeg from the module documentation?

I'm not sure how to use it.

There are so many things I don't know.

Thanks for reading!

Follow the instructions in this document.

That is normal for trial. You would want to then open http://your.gateway.name/system/streamer/CAM or .../CCAM or .../IPCAMERA in a browser.

Yes, though on Linux installing OpenCV will install FFmpeg, too.

Note that for Perspective, you must monitor the Video Player's status and restart the stream any time it ends.

"simulation aids" is Image streamer module?

I tried to access the site below.
http://192.168.0.48:8088/system/streamer/CAM

but I couldn't see the screen.

OPENCV and FFMPEG have the latest versions installed.

In the above setting, is Machine MacID IP address:port correct?

I'm still not sure of the exact procedure. But I did it as written in the documentation.

Help me.

No. Simulation Aids is a separate, free, add-on module. The Image Streamer module is technically still a beta, and therefore doesn't appear on my Module Sales download page. Get it from this forum post, in this comment above.

"Source Error" means the gateway could not open the camera feed. You will need to examine your gateway log to see what the problem might be.

No, a MAC ID is not an IP address. If you installed OpenCV and FFmpeg in the standard locations for Windows, and properly set up the system path (and rebooted), then you do not need a Jar/JNI location override file at all.

hm.. is not "Gateway" "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" (IP address?) at Machine Mac ID?

so what is "Gateway"?

The literal string Gateway. But you should not need a gateway override on Windows. For Vision clients, you would use Ethernet MAC IDs--these look like this: a0:b1:c2:d3:e4:f5 (hexadecimal). Again, only if the Vision client installed OpenCV and/or FFmpeg in a non-standard location.

Also, note that you must look in the gateway's wrapper log, the text file, for diagnostic information. DLLs do not report their errors through java's logging subsystem, so that information is not visible in the gateway web interface's Status => Logs page.

Common mistakes:

• Did you update your system path as documented so that OpenCV's JNI DLL can find all of the other DLLs it needs?

• Did you reboot after updating your system path? (Typically required for services to see the changes.)

• Did you set up your service with network privileges? (LOCAL SYSTEM usually cannot reach IP cameras.)

After checking these, please locate the module startup in your wrapper log and paste that section here. (Use the "preformatted text" button in the comment editor to keep it neat.)

I will try it tommorrow.

thank you.

1 Like

awesome!

I found two problems.

first, In the latest version of opencv, the folder is vc16. but, In the documentation, it is listed as vc14. The path setting was wrong.

second, It was a LOCALSYSTEM problem. After giving permission, it works fine.

Thank you so much. I will wait for the day when this module is officially released.

I suppose I should brush up the docs with the latest OpenCV tips and do that release. Many clients have licensed it without waiting, fwiw.

hi,

Restarting a service is easily possible in the development stage, but difficult in the actual field. Are there any plans to make up for this?

What do you mean? What service do you think you need to restart?

If ipcamera's communication is disconnected and reconnected, streaming does not restart automatically.

The ignition gateway must be restarted to stream again.

Can streaming start automatically without restarting it?

This situation can cause difficulties when modifying and adding ipcamera.

You do not need to restart the whole gateway, just the device. I recommend checking each camera's last frame timestamp (OPC item) in a gateway timer event, and calling system.device.restart() to restart just that camera if it stalls. (Do include logic to avoid calling restart() twice--allow a couple minutes.)