AWS Injector module faulted on install

Hi,
I have installed the AWS Injector module (Cirrus Links).

The module is in in faulted state since the install.

I have tried un-installing and re installing the module and re started the gateway.

I have 7.9.1 on 64 Bit Windows 7.

Any ideas what I should be looking at?

The MQTT Engine module installed properly and was running.

Thanks

1 Like

What error is displayed, if any? If you don’t see one on the status page, head to Diagnostics -> Logs just after restarting the module.

Following is the error displayed on the status page:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/inductiveautomation/ignition/common/model/PlatformEdition
at com.cirruslink.mqtt.common.gateway.AbstractInjectorGwHook.getProviderName(AbstractInjectorGwHook.java:408)
at com.cirruslink.injector.aws.gateway.AwsInjectorGwHook.maybeCreateAgentRecord(AwsInjectorGwHook.java:434)
at com.cirruslink.injector.aws.gateway.AwsInjectorGwHook.maybeCreateRecords(AwsInjectorGwHook.java:393)
at com.cirruslink.mqtt.common.gateway.AbstractInjectorGwHook.setup(AbstractInjectorGwHook.java:147)
at com.cirruslink.injector.aws.gateway.AwsInjectorGwHook.setup(AwsInjectorGwHook.java:77)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl$LoadedModule.setup(ModuleManagerImpl.java:2085)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl.startupModule(ModuleManagerImpl.java:1015)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl$4.call(ModuleManagerImpl.java:654)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl.executeModuleOperation(ModuleManagerImpl.java:799)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl.installModuleInternal(ModuleManagerImpl.java:634)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl.access$900(ModuleManagerImpl.java:135)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl$InstallCommand.execute(ModuleManagerImpl.java:1709)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl$Receiver.receiveCall(ModuleManagerImpl.java:1646)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.QueueableMessageReceiver.receiveCall(QueueableMessageReceiver.java:45)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundancyManagerImpl.dispatchMessage(RedundancyManagerImpl.java:739)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundancyManagerImpl$ExecuteTask.run(RedundancyManagerImpl.java:760)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$ThrowableCatchingRunnable.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:546)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.model.PlatformEdition
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
… 24 more

7.9.1 (b2017012511)
Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_151

With a ClassNotFoundException it’s likely that the module isn’t compatible with 7.9.1. I believe the module was released fairly recently, so Cirruslink may have only built it against newer versions of 7.9.

In the past, I have had to restart the AWS module right after installation/updates for it to work… I would try that if you haven’t already.