B&R OPC-UA Faulted

I am trying to Connect B&R OPC-UA Server by adding its connection on Ignition.
My PLC Endpoint is opc.tcp://10.21.143.111:4840 and I am able to browse nodes on UAExpert. But finding hard time adding this to Ignition. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

UaException: status=Bad_TcpEndpointUrlInvalid, message=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: port out of range:-1
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.UaTcpStackClient.bootstrap(UaTcpStackClient.java:517)
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.ClientChannelManager.connect(ClientChannelManager.java:250)
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.ClientChannelManager.connect(ClientChannelManager.java:71)
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.UaTcpStackClient.connect(UaTcpStackClient.java:127)
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.sdk.client.OpcUaClient.connect(OpcUaClient.java:313)
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniComposeStage(CompletableFuture.java:981)
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.thenCompose(CompletableFuture.java:2124)
at com.inductiveautomation.xopc2.client.OpcUaConnection.tryConnect(OpcUaConnection.java:221)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$ThrowableCatchingRunnable.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:518)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: port out of range:-1
at java.net.InetSocketAddress.checkPort(InetSocketAddress.java:143)
at java.net.InetSocketAddress.(InetSocketAddress.java:224)
at io.netty.bootstrap.Bootstrap.connect(Bootstrap.java:98)
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.UaTcpStackClient.bootstrap(UaTcpStackClient.java:501)
… 15 more

7.9.8 (b2018060714)
Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_171

At what stage are you seeing this error? While you’re trying to add the connection or afterwards?

When you add the connection what endpoints does the server respond with?

Kevin,

Thanks for your quick response.
Initially, I got this error “java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException”
when I added new OPC UA server on OPC UA connections. But though IA forum, I got to know about ‘Host Override’. I entered the server name there, but still connection is Faulted.

What did you enter in host override? Did the original URLs that were returned have ports in them?

1 Like

Ahhhh! My Bad! I had 10.21.143.111:4840 in the Host Override that created this problem!
I removed the port number and now the server is connected.

Thanks,

1 Like

FWIW, in some later release than you’re using I think you can also include a port in that setting.