BACnet Driver not connecting to units - database-revision property

I'm using build 8.1.20 (b2022082313)

My BACnet HVAC units lost connection sometime over that last two weeks. I just noticed today that they weren't connected.

I tried to disable and reenable them, and now I'm getting a warning in the logs. Any ideas on how to remedy this would be appreciated. A cause would be even better.

BacnetIpClient	03Jan2023 14:21:11	Error reading database-revision property, defaulting to 0.
com.serotonin.bacnet4j.exception.BACnetTimeoutException: null

at com.serotonin.bacnet4j.transport.ServiceFutureImpl.result(ServiceFutureImpl.java:75)

at com.serotonin.bacnet4j.transport.ServiceFutureImpl.get(ServiceFutureImpl.java:64)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.drivers.bacnet.BacnetIpClient$readDatabaseRevision-OGnWXxg$$inlined$send$1.invokeSuspend(BacnetIpClient.kt:109)

at kotlin.coroutines.jvm.internal.BaseContinuationImpl.resumeWith(ContinuationImpl.kt:33)

at kotlinx.coroutines.DispatchedTask.run(DispatchedTask.kt:106)

at kotlinx.coroutines.scheduling.CoroutineScheduler.runSafely(CoroutineScheduler.kt:571)

at kotlinx.coroutines.scheduling.CoroutineScheduler$Worker.executeTask(CoroutineScheduler.kt:750)

at kotlinx.coroutines.scheduling.CoroutineScheduler$Worker.runWorker(CoroutineScheduler.kt:678)

at kotlinx.coroutines.scheduling.CoroutineScheduler$Worker.run(CoroutineScheduler.kt:665)

com.serotonin.bacnet4j.exception.BACnetTimeoutException: null

at com.serotonin.bacnet4j.transport.DefaultTransport.lambda$expire$1(DefaultTransport.java:957)

at com.serotonin.bacnet4j.transport.UnackedMessageContext.useConsumer(UnackedMessageContext.java:162)

at com.serotonin.bacnet4j.transport.DefaultTransport.expire(DefaultTransport.java:957)

at com.serotonin.bacnet4j.transport.DefaultTransport.run(DefaultTransport.java:525)

Hi kyler.kamyszek,

Thank you for opening a support ticket to get your issue addressed.
In case if others run into similar issues, Kyler and I were able to find that there was a duplicated net stat process causing the BACnet devices to not initialize to the Ignition server. You can check the processes on port 47808 (This is the default bind port for the local device connection) by running netstat -anon | findstr "47808" in a elevated command prompt. If you have a singular local device connection, there should only be a single UDP process listed. When there are duplicated processes this will result in the BACnet devices to not initialize with the Ignition local device. To resolve this, you will want to restart the Ignition Gateway to remove the duplicated process.

1 Like

Thanks this was my issue as well.

We have the same issue. Restarting the gateway fixes the issue temporarily and we have to restart it again a few days later. Is there any fix for this? We can't keep asking the end users to restart the gateway over and over.

Thanks

1 Like

I am having a similar issue without the multi 47808, I found that the broadcasts were still going out while all the devices were not communicating. I found that I can get the device back communicating by simply restarting the tags in the designer, and not having to restart my gateway every time.