BACnet on the Maker Edition

Hi,

For a project I am busy with the Maker Edition.
Also I need the BACnet module, I did found the next information,

BACnet Local Device - Ignition User Manual 8.0 - Ignition Documentation (inductiveautomation.com).

But this module does not support the Maker Edition yet.
Does someone know when this module will be available for the Maker?

Kind regards,

Luc Sieben

This was an intentional decision and I’m not sure it’s going to be available for Maker Edition.

We don’t see BACnet being realistically used in a home setting.

ME also does not support things like the Enterprise Administration Module.

1 Like

I could have sworn I remember hearing in the Ignition Live video where Maker Edition was announced that EAM would be supported. I guess I was wrong, haha.

@swolnisty, I had the same thought, but I think it was announced with a couple of EAM features, but not the full module. Could be mistaken though.

I think the bacnet driver makes the most sense in the home setting because personally, I have 3 bacnet communicating thermostats in my house.

I’d also like to use BACnet in my own home automation setup with Ignition Maker. It seems a lot more likely people are running BACnet at home than some of the other drivers available in the OPC host setup.

Any update on bacnet driver for Maker addition? Have a home HVAC system like to monitor and it requires bacnet communication.
Are there any other ways to get the info from bacnet to Maker edition? Other software to convert to something Maker will accept?

Just out of curiosity, what HVAC system is that?

It’s a residential geothermal system with variable speed compressor and variable speed blower. Also has water flow controls for heat and cool and hot water heating.

That’s pretty cool, you have a home hydronic system essentially. I do a fair bit of work in the HVAC industry, and BACnet is very common from commercial mechanical plants to home thermostats. It would be great to have it in Maker.

Any recommendations on how to get bacnet up data into maker edition?

Probably not the solution you are looking for, but you can spin up a docker container running Node-Red and a flow to poll your Bacnet devices using the node-red-contrib-bacnet node. Get extra fancy, and plug the output of the Bacnet node to Ignition’s OPCUA server using the node-red-contrib-opcua
node

1 Like