Badge Authentication

I'm trying out a bluetooth badge reader made by serialio. It acts as a keyboard wedge and uses, on ios, a third party keyboard called SerialMagicKeys. I'm using dual mode authentication. If I were to login with my username and password, swipe the badge while I have focus on the username input, the data comes into the field just fine. How do I get perspective to listen to the input when its on the scan your badge screen? Do I need to do some type of keystroke event? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

A keyboard wedge simulates a keyboard so it will only send input to the active component.

Typically I will set up a textbox on a screen that gets focus before the user scans something. Then I will have an event that watches for an end char on the scanned code which would be sent at the end of a scan. When the script sees that code it knows that the code is fully sent so it triggers execution of the script to process the scanned information.

I haven't used the bluetooth session event yet but you may want to see what information comes into that when you're scanning badges. There might be a real clean way to handle this on the gateway scope with a session event script.