Bar Chart Configuration and Parameter passing to Bar Chart

HI All,

In one of the project i would like to configure Bar Chart based on the following requirements.
Unfortunately i couldn’t get enough information regarding the Bar Chart Configuration in the User Manual.

Requirement regarding Bar Chart:

1. I have overall Graphic on which there are “SMB_1”, “SMB_2” buttons etc. (SMB is device which read the parameters like Current, Voltage from Photo-voltaic Panel)
  2. If I click on button “SMB_1” it should open pop up with Bar Chart which will show the values of Current and Voltage.
  3. Parameters for all SMB’s are same, like Current and Voltage.
  4. I have to make only one popup with Bar Chart which will show the parameters of specific SMB (By using parameter passing / Indirect binding ) when it is clicked.

Kindly suggest how to configure Bar Chart based on above requirements.

Regards
Vikas

It sounds like you have most of the process nailed down already, how is your data stored? Is it using your own custom DB tables, or using tag history? You’ll want to set up a property binding on the “data” property of the bar chart, and both of those storage options allow for indirection of some kind.

HI James,

Thanks for the reply.
In ref to your question We are using Tag history.

We couldn’t able to understand “You’ll want to set up a property binding on the “data” property of the bar chart, and both of those storage options allow for indirection of some kind.”

In continuation to the requirement mentioned earlier, we also want to show the Bar Chart based on sorting as below.

Requirement for sorting:

Secondly as per our requirement for sorting, we need to select component to compare- like Inverters ,SMBs from one of the drop down box.
The other box will select- the parameter to be compared like- Voltage, current in SMBs and inverter parameters.

As we are new to Ignition

1. Kindly guide us with detail steps regarding how to configure Bar Chart for earlier requirement.
  2. How we can show the Bar Chart based on sorting mention in above requirement.

Regards
Vikas

I’m going to shut this thread down - the other thread you made has similar questions. I included some manual links and other bar chart information in that thread, and if you have more questions about the bar chart, please use that other thread. Thanks.