Basic timer, please

Hello everyone
I am very new at Ignition so excuse me if the question has been answered already but I could not find it on the forum.
Can anyone put me on the right track to design a simple window in ignition in which a 7 day timer can be programmed to toggle a single bit(tag) in a micrologix plc.
All I need is the client to be able to set time of start and stop of an automatic sequence of a water fountain just as you would program start and stop times in a 7 days timer.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me
Dan

Hello
I don’t think I have phrased it very well.
All I need is to change the value of a bool tag at certain times during the day, and I want to be able to do it from the ignition client, maybe by binding properties to the calendar component?
Thanks

Ok, there is a couple of different ways you can do this. The easiest way is to do the following:

1. Select the Root Container. Right click on it and select Customizers > Custom Properties.
  2. Add a new custom property called “trigger” that is an integer.
  3. Bind the “trigger” property to the following expression:dateFormat(now(5000), "HH:mm") = "08:00" || dateFormat(now(5000), "HH:mm") = "12:00" || dateFormat(now(5000), "HH:mm") = "16:00"The now(5000) function will poll every 5 seconds. The property will be a 1 when the current time is either 8am, 12pm, or 4pm. I hard coded the times but you can bring them in from text fields on the window or something that the user can select.
  4. Lastly, we need to write to your tag when this value goes to a 1. Right click on the Root Container again and select Event Handlers…
  5. Select propertyChange on the left and select the Script Editor tab on the right.
  6. Enter in the following script:if event.propertyName == "trigger": value = newValue.value if value: system.tag.writeToTag("Path/To/Tag", 1)It will write a 1 to the tag “Path/To/Tag” when the trigger is a 1. Hope this helps you get started.
1 Like

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I will try it over the week end.