BasicExecutionEngine spamming logs

Hello forums,

One of my ignition servers is being spammed with this error every 30 seconds. What's it mean, and how can I resolve it?

BasicExecutionEngine 22Aug2017 12:51:51 Task usersourcemanager cache-updater threw uncaught exception.

java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task java.util.concurrent.FutureTask@5f962547 rejected from java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@5c954ab1[Running, pool size = 3, active threads = 3, queued tasks = 500, completed tasks = 32915]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:2047)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:823)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1369)
at java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:112)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.authentication.UserSourceManagerImpl$1.run(UserSourceManagerImpl.java:332)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$TrackedTask.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:593)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

This is a known issue, but it’s not actually affecting anything - basically, if the cache updater takes an excessive amount of time to run the next execution will not be delayed properly.
There’s an open internal ticket for the issue, but for now these warnings can be ignored.

Thanks PGriffith! Is there any workaround? With these errors spamming the logs, I only get four hours of history.

EDIT: I just turned errors from BasicExecutionEngine off.

Checking in a year later. Is this still an issue with 7.9.12? Upgraded from 7.9.4, this is a new one for me

If so, how do you turn those errors off?

Thanks

I am getting the same errors on 7.9.13. If edit the user sources and save them the error will go away for a bit and then slowly start happening in the logs again.

I am also have the same log for the las four days. Is there some guide to solve it?

Thanks

Hi pturner,

A little late to the party, but could you shed some light on how to turn these errors off?

Cheers