Beginner to SDK

Hi,

I have just installed the ignition 7.5.6 32 bit windows version on my laptop and the latest sdk 7.3.9. There are two problems I am facing:

1 The designer is not launching! It creates a DOS windows and writes some message and quickly closes the window! The Designer window doesn’t appear! I have activated my CD Key as Inginion developer received from ignition after registering as a developer on the portal!

1. I tried to build the SimpleTagProvider from IgnitionSDK using ECLIPSE. The build is successful and looks like it created the module as well!

But when I launch ignition i see the following error when I view Status- >Modules>SimpleTagProvider. :

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.modules.ModuleLoadException: Module "SimpleTagProvider Example" (expecting FrameworkVersion=3) is incompatible with this version of Ignition (FrameworkVersion=4). Upgrade required.

You need to get the 7.5.6 SDK, not the 7.3.9 SDK.

You’re building an old version of a module (for 7.3.9) and expecting it to install on a newer Ignition (7.5.6).

Oh! Thanks for the tip, I will download newer version and try.
But what about the ignition designer not launching on the Inginition evaluation version downloaded!
Would appreciate your reply to this question as well!
BR
PRAMANJ

Download the designer.jnlp file, then open a command prompt, navigate to wherever you downloaded the file, and run ‘javaws designer.jnlp’

If it won’t launch you’ll at least be able to see the message and post it back here.

[quote=“Kevin.Herron”]Download the designer.jnlp file, then open a command prompt, navigate to wherever you downloaded the file, and run ‘javaws designer.jnlp’

If it won’t launch you’ll at least be able to see the message and post it back here.[/quote]

[quote=“Pramanj”][quote=“Kevin.Herron”]Download the designer.jnlp file, then open a command prompt, navigate to wherever you downloaded the file, and run ‘javaws designer.jnlp’

If it won’t launch you’ll at least be able to see the message and post it back here.[/quote]

Where to download the designer.jnlp file from ! :confused:[/quote]

The same button you are clicking to launch the designer. Right-click, Save As.