Best way to change Alarm Count Label behavior?

Hi,

We have a project with the default Navigation window and Alarm Count Label component. As such, the alarm label background color behavior is controlled by a style customizer. However, I want more precise control of the behavior based on the number of acknowledged/unack’ed alarms.

Specifically I’m trying to stop the blinking after alarms have been acknowledged, and revert back to white background after all alarms are cleared.

I believe scripting would work best because the style customizer seems not well suited for this case. I set up a new custom property counting the unacked alarms, but this doesn’t update well with the ‘Alarms’ popup’s onAcknowledge event script because that script runs before it’s actually acknowledged. I tried a timer to delay when the unAcked alarm count is updated… but still seems to crash.

Any help on the best way to do this would be appreciated. I thought it would be best to have it run off the client’s actions instead of a gateway timer script, but maybe that would be better?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi,

Have you thought of using the readily available alarming tags under “[System]Gateway/Alarming”.

You may be able to use these values to manipulate your label. I am using Ignition 8.0.12.

1 Like

Ah, I knew I was missing something! Thank you.

I’m curious what the scan class on these is, if any?

I ended up using the Style Customizer using your Gateway tag advice and a custom property with some logic.

1 Like