Binding Errors at Design Time

Hi there,

I have a question regarding bindings at design time. I saw a similar topic back in 2017 and I think this maybe along the same lines but there didn’t seem to be a definitive solution.

I have created vision templates which have a template parameter defined. This parameter is a UDT and I then bind various elements of the UDT to animate the template. So for example I have a circle which has an expression binding property on it which references the UDT. The syntax of the binding is as follows…

If (({AV.CW::AV_CW} = 1, color (255,255,0), color(25,0,0))

However, the designer throws the following error
Error executing expression binding on
AV.AV.Group 1.Polygon 2.fillPaint
caused by ExpressionException: Unsupported types for BAnd: ‘null’ and ‘java.lang.Integer’

At runtime no errors are generated but in the designer I have in excess of 200 errors due to bindings on various objects. Is the issue that at design time the object cannot bind to the runtime instance of the UDT? If so how do I stop the error occurring? Any help on the above would be gratefully appreciated.

Kind Regards
Kevin

couple your if statement with the try statements:

try(
    If(
        {AV.CW::AV_CW} = 1,
        color(255,255,0), 
        color(25,0,0)
    ),
    color(25,0,0) <-This is the color that will initially show up when the compare is still working on binding
)
2 Likes

Thank you ever so much, that worked great.

1 Like