Binding

Here is a ‘basic’ problem. I have 91 udt’s that have 6 tags within them that i want to display in a tabular format. I have been using ‘cell update’ binding on a table in which it seems would provide the solution to my need. It seems that this is a very ‘click intensive’ way to solve my problem. This method could take hours to do and possibly leave room for error. My question , hopefully clear would be is there a better way to do this?

You either to that manually or create a dataset through a script.

If you want to do a script, you can put a timer component on the window that is in charge of refreshing the table. On the timer we can add an actionPerformed script that looks something like this:[code]header = [“Load Name”, “Discharge Air Temp”, “Zone Temp”, “Status Indicator Value”, “Fan Running”]
data = []
for i in range(20):
tagNum = i+1
tag1 = system.tag.getTagValue(“NOVAR TAGS/LOAD %d/Name” % tagNum)
tag2 = system.tag.getTagValue(“NOVAR TAGS/LOAD %d/Discharge Air Temp” % tagNum)
tag3 = system.tag.getTagValue(“NOVAR TAGS/LOAD %d/Zone Temp” % tagNum)
tag4 = system.tag.getTagValue(“NOVAR TAGS/LOAD %d/Status Indicator Value” % tagNum)
tag5 = system.tag.getTagValue(“NOVAR TAGS/LOAD %d/Fan Running” % tagNum)
data.append([tag1, tag2, tag3, tag4, tag5])

event.source.parent.getComponent(“Table”).data = system.dataset.toDataset(header, data)[/code]The script loops through 20 devices and gets 5 tags. You can change the number of devices and how many tags you want to bring back. Let us know if you have any questions.