Block Transaction Groups Not Respecting Triggers

Hey all,

I’m running Ignition version 7.6.3 (b2013090513). I have a block transaction group that is recording weights and destinations. I have the trigger set to look at the weight values only and record new rows, however it seems to be recording rows whenever the destination value changes as well. I get double weights with two destination values. I recently added the destination values, it was working fine before that when it was only weight. Thanks!

[attachment=0]BlockTrigger.png[/attachment]

This should work the same as using the standard Trigger with the Any Change option selected. Try that and see if you have the same problems using this method.

Hmmmm… I’m not sure I understand what you mean. Are you talking about checking the “Execute this group on a trigger” box and selecting a tag to trigger off of? I can’t really do that because I can only have one trigger but there are two weight values from two different scales (this is a block transaction group).

Ah, I see. Yes, that’s exactly what I was talking about. You could add a Run Always Expression item that has no write target and is the sum of all your Weight tags. Then you can trigger the group any time that one changes.

I don’t see a destination tag in your group, are you saying the Ejector_Number changing will fire the group too?

That might work, I can try that and see what it does. Still only a work-around to what I think is a bug though.

That is correct. Even though the Ejector_Number tags are not selected to be looked at for value changes a record will still be recorded if only an Ejector_Number tag changes. This results in double weight values in the database table and that throws off my weight records. Removing the Ejector_Number block item "fixes" the issue (though I can't record the ejector number anymore but correct weights are more important).

Yes this definitely sounds like a bug to me, but I can’t seem to make it happen in 7.6.4. If you created the group from scratch do you still have this problem?

Hey Robert,

I created a new transaction group from scratch that does exactly the same thing (I’m also running 7.6.4 now as well). It is still doing the same thing. It doesn’t record a double all the time but if you search through the data you can easily find them. I’ll include a screen shot of a double data example and I’ll also include a project backup with the transaction group that I created so you can see how I set it up. Thanks!

[attachment=1]DoubleWeight.png[/attachment]

[attachment=0]TransactionGroups_2013-12-30_0734_partial.proj[/attachment]