BM.4359.G Cannot upgrade Legacy Project in Linux

I get the following error when trying to upgrade a legacy project. This is being hosted on a Linux server, so the .exe part confuses me. Also, i looked at the files in /tmp/ign… and they all have no execute permissions. Gateway is ran as root or ignition users, doesnt help.

Unpacking conversion tool... Done.Converting project to XML... com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.conversion.ConversionException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/tmp/ignition_main_tmp/tempdir128057042901269953687596125417210/ProjectConvertor.exe": java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied	at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.conversion.FSQLConversionHandler.consumeFile(FSQLConversionHandler.java:75)	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.web.pages.config.legacyupgrade.LegacyUpgradePanel$ProgressPanel$1.run(LegacyUpgradePanel.java:168)	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/tmp/ignition_main_tmp/tempdir128057042901269953687596125417210/ProjectConvertor.exe": java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:459)	at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:593)	at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:466)	at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.conversion.FSQLConversionHandler.runConversionTool(FSQLConversionHandler.java:130)	at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.conversion.FSQLConversionHandler.consumeFile(FSQLConversionHandler.java:62)	... 2 moreCaused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied	at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:148)	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:65)	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:452)	... 6 more

Ah yes, the FSQL upgrade will only work in Windows. You’ll need to run it first in windows and then do a system backup.

Shortly we’ll add the ability to export directly to the Ignition XML format from FactorySQL, so you’ll be able to avoid needing to install Ignition on windows first.

Ah Thanks, I got thinking that after the fact.

Yeah, I guess I could explain a bit how the upgrade works:

Included in Ignition is a set of FactorySQL libraries (.net dlls) and an application that will convert FSP or FDB to an XML file. When the upgrade is executed, the libraries are extracted and ran. Ignition then loads the generated XML file into a new project.

As I mentioned, we’ll soon add the XML export into FSQL, and probably also just include the tool on its own. Increased import/export options for the XML format will be added to Ignition, hopefully replacing the need for CSV. The new XML format, in my opinion, is really nice for creating scripts that generate projects, as some users like to do.

I noticed OPC-COM module is included in Linux tar.gz packages. They dont load, but should these be removed to prevent confusion?

Yeah, it currently checks the OS to determine whether to load or not. We could probably adjust the build process to leave them out.

Has there been a resolution to this issue?

Current FSQL: V 4.2.10 (Windows)

Going to Ignition on linux. What is the easiest way to convert our project?

Because of the FactorySQL conversion’s dependency on .NET, you’ll have to borrow a Windows computer for the conversion process, and then you can take the Ignition Gateway backup (*.gwbk) and restore it on the Ignition Gateway running on Linux. The conversion is a 1-time operation.