Breakpoint container breakpoint limit

could you show me a screen of the browser while is small?
press ctrl+shift+i while in chrome
go to elements and select the html on top. Then on styles scroll down a bit untill you see marging/border/padding squares. (i tried to highlight the relavent things)

and then make the browser smaller, the pixel values should appear in those squares.

I do see the header changing when I am inspecting. So I am in small header right now on my browser; but as soon as I close the inspection section I cannot see the small header.

Then you arent going small enough yet i guess.

if its working with the inspector i dont see how it couldnt work if you not use it. Are you sure your browser is small enough?

1 Like

That is very odd to me as well, the browser without inspect section does not allow me to narrow the screen beyond M header.

Oh hm i just did notice the browser does seem to have a limit to how much you can minimalise.
I didnt know that xD
So it does work, its just chrome that doesnt allow itself to be small enough for the breakpoint to matter on windows

googled it:
β€œWith my Chrome browser on Windows, the minimum width is 500px. On Mac, the minimum is 400px.”

1 Like

Thank you very much, Victor. I do really appreciate you information. :slight_smile: It really helped me.

1 Like

no problem^^

1 Like