Browse OPC Server

I want to add another OPC tag. I tried to browse from my development machine, from the server running FPMI and from the server running FSQL/Kepware. All returned the error. I wonder if this is a DCOM problem, but everything else has been working just fine…

com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.common.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Gateway Error 500: IO Exception during browse request:Connection refused: connect
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.common.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.runSQLTagsFSQLBrowse(GatewayInterface.java:538)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.sqltags.opcbrowser.FSQLNode.loadChildren(FSQLNode.java:40)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.sqltags.opcbrowser.AbstractOPCTreeNode$Loader.run(AbstractOPCTreeNode.java:65)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.common.gateway_interface.GatewayResponse$GatewayThrowable: Connection refused: connect
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.common.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface$ResponseParser.startElement(GatewayInterface.java:1408)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.common.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.getResponse(GatewayInterface.java:201)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.common.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.getResponse(GatewayInterface.java:146)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.common.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.getResponse(GatewayInterface.java:138)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.common.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.runSQLTagsFSQLBrowse(GatewayInterface.java:535)
… 8 more

In FactorySQL, under Settings > SQLTags Settings and then under the “OPC Browsing” heading, what does it say for “Published Address”?

It was set to ‘localhost.’ I changed it to the IP of the machine and it is working now. Thanks for the help.

-Matt

Great, that was my suspicion.