Browser/Perspective Session startUp()?

Hello,

I'm trying to keep track the number of sessions between designer, client and browser and while I can see where Designer and Client startUps occur in their respective Hooks, I don't see a spot for any browser sessions? Essentially on Designer/Client startUp I'm making an rpc call to the gateway to let it know a new session has started and to log session information. Am I missing something? I see there's probably stuff in PerspectiveContext I can use to get # of sessions, but when I try to import com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.session (or *.api) it shows up as not found.

1 Like

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/system.util.getSessionInfo

1 Like

Why does it say "ReturnsNice" :thinking:?

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

this is in ignitions scripting library in designer, I'm talking about getting perspective sessions information via the SDK

Oh, You'll have to use a delegate to access gateway info inside a the perspective component

In the example here you can see he is importing com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.api in there

Oh ok, yeah I'm trying that but those perspective imports aren't found, and I've tried the "find JAR on the web" and "Find maven dependencies" context actions, this is taken from my GatewayHook.java file:

then you'll have to import it... i dont use maven tho i use gradle.
you might find some other stuff on the forum about importing with maven

oh ok thanks! I'll look into doing that