[Bug-11556]Perspective Components Panel Resizing

When on the Designer, with the Perspective Components, when resizing the panel, it does not adjust the size of the main window. Auto Hide is enabled. This creates an allusion that the panel doesn’t get resized, however, when the window does the hide and show, it is the length of the new size. Below are screen shots of what I am experiencing.

When Auto Hide is enabled, The panel should be on top of the main window and resize appropriately. The same as how the Vision works. Note that it works on vision windows as expected.

Ignition Version: 8.0.0-beta0

GW Java Version: 11.0.1+13-LTS

Hello, @MWPhantomTech. I’m not able to replicate your experience on Mac or Windows, regardless of whether Auto-Hide is on or off and so I’m curious as to your setup. Could you please provide The OS of the workstation from which you launched your Designer? Is this a new project, or an existing project? Is this a fresh install of the Beta, or did you upgrade an existing version from 7.X to the Beta? If so, what version did you upgrade from?

1 Like

I am running from Windows 10.
I have created a new project and used an existing project.
I upgraded from 7.9 (I believe it was 7.9.9 but I am unsure).

I was able to reproduce the error on another workstation that was also upgraded from 7.9. However, we noticed that when the Auto Hide is disabled, it works fine. As well as in the Vision section of Ignition 8.

Let me know how I can help to debug this issue.

We just replicated it in house and will write this up as an issue for our developers to fix. This was not currently in our system as of yet so thanks for letting us know.

This issue was fixed in the 8.0.3 nightly build that was uploaded today (6/20).