[BUG-11559] Gateway Homepage did not load on install

Do you want to request a feature or report a bug, or provide feedback?

Please note that topics in this forum are intended to relate to Ignition 8.0. General non-8.0-specific feedback should continue to be posted in the General forum, and feature requests unrelated specifically to new 8.0 functionality should continue to be made via https://ideas.inductiveautomation.co as this forum will be archived upon release of Ignition 8.0.
bug

What is the current behavior?

On the initial install, the Gateway said it was starting in the browser but it hung up and never launched the gateway homepage. I could open a new homepage in Chrome and Edge just by going to localhost:8088 but the initial launch never went there.

What is the expected or desired behavior (if applicable)?

What is the build date of the Ignition-8.0.0-SNAPSHOT you reporting/commenting on (check file creating date/time)?

8.0.0-beta0 (b2018110602)

Please provide the following if applicable to your issue/comment:

(build 1.8.0_191-b12) – java
Microsoft Edge – 20.10240.16384.0

Thanks for the report. Just to be clear, the gateway started without issue, but it failed to automatically redirect when startup was complete?

Was this an upgraded install? Or clean install?

Clean install in a new VM… gateway started without issue, but the initial page that opened never transitioned from ‘Starting’ to the Gateway homepage.

W

To be clear, do you mean it got stuck on this page:

Or on this page:

In addition to the question Carl asked above, were there any errors present in the wrapper.log file? Also, the version of Edge you are using is the version from initial release of Edge in 2015 (current version is 42.17134.1.0). Is there anyway to update to a newer version of the browser?

https://support.inductiveautomation.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/119/0/obtaining-ignition-logs

We got stuck on the first page…

I’ll update to the newest Edge and test. I’ll include the wrapper with my update.

W

@Carl.Gould to clarify, it actually never advanced to the congratulations page – but I was able to open the Gateway Homepage in a separate browser.

W

Hi @wdreynolds1, did updating Edge resolve your issue? If not I would like to grab some more information from you:

1. Is this installed in a VM or container by chance?
  2. What url are you using? localhost:8088 or some other url?
  3. Did you modify the default port at all?

This information would help us understand why the commissioning system may have not seen the gateway finish starting.

Thanks!

• Jonathan C

@jcoffman

1. It is installed on a Windows 10 VM
  2. Localhost:8088 works fine
  3. Ports are default

W

My latest install also hung up on the “Gateway is starting. This may take a moment. STARTING” page and the progress spinner just spun for hours, I finally refreshed the page to see the gateway was running fine.

Clean install, removed the older version of the beta from add remove programs and deleted the Ignition Program Files folder before installing the new version.
Chrome web browser Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows Server 2012 R2
VMware ESXI virtual machine
Ignition-8.0.0-beta-windows-x64-installer downloaded 11_19_2018
Sorry I did not check the wrapper log file.

I had that on my first install, but subsequent “installs”/updates have not had that issue

Thanks for the update guys, we are looking into it!

Thanks,
Jonathan C

This issue was fixed in the build that was uploaded on 12/6. Please let us know if you continue to see this behavior after upgrading.