[Bug-11628] Copying Views and Renaming Strange Behavior (Perspective)

1. The behavior you unexpectedly encountered: When I copy views into a folder, I can only do one at a time and then have to save. If I do more than one at a time, often the “new” views swap places and I lose the name of the first one when I rename the second one.
  2. The behavior you were expecting to see: Copy a bunch of times, rename views as needed without having to do them singly.
  3. A list of the steps you took that exposed the issue: Just copying one view more than once and attempting to rename.
  4. A list of helpful information about the situation you were in, such as:
    Ignition is the nightly build as of 07:00 MST 11-13-2018
    Browser is the current Chrome
    Java is 1.8.0_191

Well that’s new. I was able to reproduce it internally and I’ll make a new bug report for this now. Thanks for bringing this to our attention! It looks like it can cause other issues regarding the project browser as well.

Secondary, sometimes goes “non-responsive” and doesn’t allow selection/right click actions

Is that just on the project browser or on the designer entirely? Do you have an idea as to what you were doing when that occurs?

tied in with the copy/paste issue, after quite a few tries, had to save & exit, then restart to correct.

I was able to get it unresponsive by attempting to open the views that were copied over. It would slow down and not allow you to select anything in the designer and showed (Not Responding) in the Designer window title. That sound sort of like what you were encountering? If so I’ll make a note of that in the internal ticket.

yes that sounds like what I was experiencing

Sounds good. I’ll make a note of that, they do appear related. Thanks for confirming

This issue was fixed in the build that was uploaded today (2/4). Please let us know if you continue to see this behavior after upgrading.