[BUG-11637] Perspective 'Edit Property Change Script' cuts far right text off

build 8.0.0-beta0 (b2018110708)

Screenshot says it all, but if the property change script window is too narrow to display your script fully, the window crops the text even with the scrollbar all the way to the right. The only fix is to increase the width of the window.

I would have sworn we had recorded this a long time ago, but I can’t find an existing ticket so I created a new one. Thank you for reminding us about it.

2 Likes

This should be fixed in the latest build. Please let us know if you are still seeing this issue.

Hi, I’m still seeing this is the 8.0.1 RC1image

if I highlight the text, it moves the scrollbar over further and allows the me to see the rest of the text.

Thank you @Matthew.gaitan! I’ll have someone look in to this and get back to you.

@Matthew.gaitan, can you try the solution we’ve had a few people try for this?

1. Upgrade to 8.0.1 final, if you haven’t already.
  2. Navigate to <userprofile>/.ignition/cache/resources/runtimes/<11.0.x> and delete the folder entirely.
  3. Launch the designer again - it should download a fresh runtime from the gateway that hopefully has the updated font metrics necessary to prevent this issue.

Still seems to occur even after updating and deleting the respective folder.

Matthew,
Thanks for confirming. We’ve identified another issue that we have a fix up for - hopefully it will make the cut off to get into 8.0.2.

Hi @Matthew.gaitan,

Unfortunately, the fix didn’t make it in to the 8.0.2 RC, but it is now fixed in the 8.0.3 nightly build that was uploaded today (5/24)