[BUG-11729] errors occurred during tag import

I exported all of our UDTs and tags from our production 7.9 system. When I do an import into 8 Beta I get the following error:

Tag errors occurred during tag import Error_Exception(“Error importing tags: Cannot coerce value ‘’ into type: class [Ljava.lang.Float;”)

tags.xml (474.2 KB)

Tag imports and conversions are changing almost daily. What build was this attempted on? Tag import/legacy conversions were definitely in the changelog in the build published early this morning.

8.0.0-beta0 (b2018112002) running on Ubuntu 18.04.1 server.

1 Like

Hi cbarnhart

Tried importing the tags XML you provided and are seeing the same issue on the latest build. Will open a ticket for it to address the issue.
Thanks

The issue looks to be with the PPD 75T Trim Press UDT Definition. The Counter 1 member has a DataType of 19 which the system isn’t recognizing. Would it be possible to post a screenshot of this specific member definition? I am trying to figure out what it should be.

Thanks,
Garth

That is actually a new piece of equipment. Looking at our production system Counter 1 is set to a datatype of “Float Array”. Since that isn’t actually needed I deleted Counter 1, and exported just the PPD 75T Trim Press UDT, and was able to import it into v8. A more helpful error message would be nice.

Thanks for your help.
Craig

Hi Craig,

This issue was fixed in the build that was uploaded on 12/20. If you continue to see this behavior after upgrading, please let us know.

Thanks!