[Bug-11810]Perspective Popup closing on its own - bug?

Running 8.0.8
Opening a popup with this command:

position={'top':'0.5%','height':'99%','width':'98%'}	
system.perspective.openPopup("RSE","RecipeBuilder/Popups/RecipeStepEdit",showCloseIcon=False,modal=True,position=position)

Popup is closing on its own, the only way this popup should close is with a button press. Did not experience this on 8.0.7

I'm not encountering this. Is there any possibility of something else in the project closing a Popup with that ID? What happens if you change the ID temporarily?

I changed the ID and it still occurred. It can take anywhere from 1 second to 90 seconds but it is consistent.

Is there any chance you could send me the .json files for the View which opens the popup along with the View of the Popup itself?

I am working with support on this. This happens to all popups within this project. I will try creating a new popup on a new project and see if it occurs.

Both on a new project and this existing project, if I create a new popup it behaves properly. Now, how do I fix the corrupted popups? I noticed this problem started occurring when I tested 8.0.8-rc1.

Well, I have good news and bad news. There was another script running periodically to close a popup and when it runs it closes all the popups. Modifying the script to not run solved the immediate problem. However, the periodic close script was directed a particular popup with a very specific ID. However, it is closing any popup that is open, ignoring the ID.

I also have good news and bad news.

The good news:
We’re aware of this issue where system.perspective.closePopup will close the most recently opened Popup if the specified ID is not found.

The bad news:
We’ve been aware of it for a long while now and no action has been taken on the ticket.

The issue with system.perspective.closePopup() has been fixed for 8.0.12 and will be in the next nightly build.

1 Like

Hi PGriffith,

I’m still having an issue with system.perspective.closePopup() closing other popups after upgrading to 8.0.12. Are there any reasons why this could still be happening?

Due to a critical issue, 8.0.12 was actually more of a hot-fix for 8.0.11 than it was a full release, and the content planned for 8.0.12 was moved into 8.0.13. When @PGriffith made the 8.0.12 claim he was correct, but the release cycle was changed after the fact and so the fix for this issue is actually in 8.0.13. Sorry for the miscommunication @josh.middleton, but we don’t have a good way to search for places where we might have suggested a fix was part of a release.

1 Like