[BUG-11846] Document Tag Type Array Object error

Creating a new memory document tag type with an array structure causes a Bad_Stale error in the tag browser. I can’t find what the actual error is. I copied the array structure out of the menu tree object to make sure it was properly formed and pasted it using the edit tag (raw) option. The size of the array object doesn’t matter either.

If you open up the normal Tag Editor, there should be a Diagnostics tab on the lower right like so:

1. Are there any errors that are returned there?
  2. If you export the Tag, it will be in a JSON now. Does the value of the tag look like proper JSON?

The diagnostics page doesn’t have any helpful information. Looks like there is an icon on the far right, but I can’t expand the view.

If i turn the document type from an array to an object, the tag becomes of good quality.

Attached is the tags json file, which looks valid to me.

Also of note, if I have a valid document of type object, and convert it to array type, the quality shows good, but any changes to tag value are not ‘published’.
Value editor:

Last published value, (still has 2 object objects, not even an array and I did hit apply, ok, etc)

tags.json (1.8 KB)

Right now, the way things are coded we are only able to support Objects as the root JSON element. That doesn’t mean this won’t change in the future, and I have opened up a ticket to have this reconsidered. Please use the work around you already found, or add an Array to the JSON object with the definition of the value you need.

Garth

Ah ok, I sort of guessed it was something like that. Probably should remove Array and/or Value as an option for the value type if its not supported.

This issue was fixed in the build that was uploaded on 12/18. Please let us know if you continue to see this behavior after upgrading.

I found this issue while trying to create a document tag as an array of objects. It appears (in 8.1.3) that new memory document tags can only be created as objects (via tag browser), though can be modified to (raw) or pasted as arrays/values.

Should I be worried?