[BUG - 12132, 12883, 13063] Some of the vision components elements are not rendered correctly on the client

Hi,

Build 8.0.0-beta0 (b2019030402). We have a project that we have been using through different versions (7.6, 7.7, 7.9 and now 8). In Ignition 8 we are experiencing issues with some UI elements… Some are not visible until they gain focus (so far those seems to be input text fields and dynamic menu labels). Also tabs render a bit weird. Sharing here a link to a small video showing mentioned issues in Ignition 8: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ROIkKrCIa6P2vXoKdEDHhsgZxSOBMzL1

and also a link showing how it looks in previous versions of Ignition https://drive.google.com/open?id=1egcnokaNbQk7C4aXAjEesArlmZwibCAO

Any advise would be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance,

Carlos

Hi pocewar,

I was able to duplicate some of the issues you were seeing such as the input text field not being very visible against the grey background. I believe this is a know issue to modify the borders of the input Text Field you can go to the property editor for the text field and change the Borders to make it as dark as you want to.
I was able to duplicate the issue with the Tab strip rendering a weird background graphic when you are tabbing across it.
However, I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue with the drop down menu not displaying the various option until you focus or select on them based on the video you provided.
Would appreciate a gateway backup so as to reproduce the above issue.
Will write a ticket internal to keep track of the issues that I was able to reproduce.

Thanks
Anthony

Hi Anthony,

thanks for your response. Ok, problem seems to be related to text fields with “Field Border” border (which is the type of border assigned to all text fields in the project). Interesting enough, password fields with same type of border are not affected (they show OK). We would need to go through all windows and change that which is a bit inconvenient. Is there a fix for this planned in the short term?

Regarding gateway backup: since actual project requires a database and a custom module to work properly I created a tiny, hard-coded, dummy version of it (no surprise, its name is “Dummy”) still reproducing the drop down menu issue and the Field Border issue in text Fields vs Password Fields. regarding menu items is also noticeable that background color of menu items is not picked as it is in previous Ignition versions. Menus setup is done in Configurations function contained in Scripting\legacy scripts\app\PopupMenus

You can download the gateway backup from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qVXa46E3ZFtxJvQQf9UGEEYcp0Crzpfm

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

Hi Pocewar

I know changing the field border property on all the windows for all the password fields can be very inconveniencing and are working on improving on that functionality. Thanks for you quick response on providing me with a gateway backup and will add the information to the internal ticket that was written to address the issue and will be added to the backlog that is currently being worked on.

Thanks
Anthony

Many thanks Anthony. And just to clarify: issue of invisible border happens with text fields with “Field Border” border. Password fields with “Field Border” border have no problem as they show the border (same as in previous versions).

Regards,

Carlos

Pocewar

No problem thanks for the clarification.

Anthony

@pocewar, I restored your backup, but it looks like the menu configuration is just driven by a client tag foreground = system.tag.getTagValue("[Client]BACKSTAFF/Temas/MainHeader/BottomHeaderForeground")
I changed the value of that tag and the menus were working as expected.

The other two issues, with the tab strip and the field border, are things that we're aware of and working on.

Hi Paul,

as mentioned in issue, problem is not related to foreground but for background color.

[Client]BACKSTAFF/Temas/MainHeader/BottomHeaderForeground tag color is intentionally set to white (255,255,255), and background is set as

background = system.tag.getTagValue("[Client]BACKSTAFF/Temas/MainHeader/BottomHeaderColor")

that tag has color 77,77,61 (same background color for the top header section, where “Configurations” appears), but for some reason it does not pick it up so drop down menu appears with white background color instead (as a result drop down options text is not visible, white over white).

Best regards,

Carlos

Got it - I didn’t realize you were trying to change the entire popup’s background color. I don’t see any particularly good reason that shouldn’t work, so I’ve filed a ticket for that as well.

Hi,

any idea when these issues will be addressed? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Carlos

Not 8.0.0, at this point. More likely within a minor version/patch within the next few months.