[BUG-12307] Changes made to view aren't replicated in embedded view

I have a view called navigation with 4 parameters as shown below.
1st problem is I have a label that is made up of 3 of the parameters. In this case the label should show ‘USB 1A’.
It doesn’t seem to pick up the roomNo parameter. Before this issue it was picking up the room number but not the ‘USB’.

2nd issue is that some times when I make a change to the base view parameters it is not replicted in the embedded view for example if I add in a new parameter or change the name of an existing one it somethimes doesn’t change in the embedded view. This has happened on multiple occasions and the only way to fix it seems to be delete the view and re-enter it.

The first issue you explain is a bit hard to understand without a project/view export. However, I think I know what is going on. If you are sending 4 params and they are all used in the label, I assume the label is bound to only one in a property binding and the others are pulled in via a script transform. If this is the case, then the label will only update if changes are made to the primary parameter that is being bound. To get around this I would suggest a parameter that is an object that contains the text you want within it like this:

That way the label can be bound to the object and update whenever any of the field values change with a binding like this:

Here’s a proj example in case you want to poke around with it yourself embeddedView.proj (5.9 KB) If I am way off base with this, I’d like to get a project backup with the two views in question if that would be possible.

The second issue I am unsure if I understand you. If a user adds or edits a parameter in a view, it is up to them to change the parameters in the embedded view component to match the actual view parameters. Unless you mean even if you do that, the embedded view is not updating. If that’s the case, I’d like to know if there are any specific examples you have of this occurring and how you ended up in that state.

The label is all done using an expression.

The second issue happens in multiple cases. One being if you add in a new parameter. Another being if I add in a new oject eg. new label. Sometimes this isn’t replicated where the view is embedded. As this issue happens randomly I can’t post it until it happens again.

I believe I found the cause of your second issue (And possibly your first issue). It looks like renaming and adding new parameters weren’t properly getting their configuration set. I was able to reproduce and was a bit dumbfounded as to what was going on but was able to fix it without deleting the view and recreating. If you create or edit a parameter and this happens to you again, try this:

  1. Shift+Right Click the view on the project browser and select Copy JSON.
  2. Paste it into a text editor like Notepad
  3. In there should be a propConfig object, it should contain another object with a name that matches the old parameter name like “params.roomNo”
  4. Change it so it says the new parameter name
  5. Select everything and copy again
  6. Go back to the designer and Shift + Right Click the view and select Paste JSON

This should replace the existing view with a new one that is configured correctly and fix any embedded views that are trying to input parameter values. I’ll write up an internal ticket and see if we can get this fixed on our end so this work around won’t be necessary.

This issue was fixed in the build that was uploaded yesterday (2/4). Please let us know if you continue to see this behavior after upgrading.