[Bug-12653]Cannot open vision screen with failing query

Still after restoring a 7.9 gateway, there are some screens I can’t open.

When I want to open them in the designer, I get a (rightful) error popup complaining about a wrong query. And a big error log in the console. The template doesn’t open, so I can’t edit the query.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.tags.impl.GatewayTagInterface.get(GatewayTagInterface.java:136)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.tags.impl.ClientTagManagerImpl.getClientTagProvider(ClientTagManagerImpl.java:99)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.tags.impl.ClientTagManagerImpl.lambda$subscribeAsync$9(ClientTagManagerImpl.java:198)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.util.GroupMapCollate.lambda$groupMapIndexed$10(GroupMapCollate.java:79)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.HashMap$EntrySpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluateToArrayNode(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.toArray(Unknown Source)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.util.GroupMapCollate.groupMapIndexed(GroupMapCollate.java:92)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.tags.impl.ClientTagManagerImpl.subscribeAsync(ClientTagManagerImpl.java:197)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.tags.model.TagManager.subscribeAsync(TagManager.java:67)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.SimpleBoundTagAdapter.startup(SimpleBoundTagAdapter.java:145)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.DefaultInteractionController.startupBindings(DefaultInteractionController.java:355)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.DefaultInteractionController.startupAdapters(DefaultInteractionController.java:360)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.components.template.VisionTemplate.startup(VisionTemplate.java:178)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.workspace.WindowWorkspace.openTemplate(WindowWorkspace.java:1870)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.model.navtree.TemplateNode.open(TemplateNode.java:126)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.navtree.model.AbstractResourceNavTreeNode.onDoubleClick(AbstractResourceNavTreeNode.java:179)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.navtree.NavTreePanel$MouseListener.lambda$mousePressed$0(NavTreePanel.java:655)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Could you upload (or PM) a project export, or possibly a gateway backup? The stack trace doesn’t seem related to the query, unless the query is also reading in some tag values, but it’s hard to say for sure without replicating it.

@Sanderd17 thanks, I was able to isolate (at least one) issue to Parameters and buttons/Sub/tmpNumEntry; there’s a deserialization error due to a method having been removed from the bitwise expression function. Can you let me know if there other templates that you aren’t able to open?

EDIT: This should be fixed in the next nightly that comes out.

Yes, there are a lot of screens I can’t open.

f.e.
00_Atree>Faceplates>00_General>ST_DevicePos
00_Atree>Faceplates>10_Devices>ST_Motor

Though perhaps they will all be solved by the same update.

PS, when are the nightlies refreshed? They’re probably morningies in Europe.

The build kicks off at midnight UTC-8 and apparently takes ~3 hours to build, test, and upload all artifacts.

This issue was fixed in the build that was uploaded today (2/8). Please let us know if you continue to see this behavior after upgrading.

A post was split to a new topic: [Bug-12703]Unable to open converted global template due to NPE