I discovered this on a view that contained a flex container. That flex container contained 3 coordinate-based views which I drag/dropped into the flex container. Each coordinate container contained controls that I wanted to keep in a particular orientation.
The intended function was to have the coordinate-based views inside the flex container orient vertically on a cell phone and horizontally on a typical monitor. That part worked but the scrolling was getting stuck when the screens oriented themselves vertically on the cell phone.
The problem turned out to be caused by controls inside the coordinate containers being too close to the edges of the coordinate containers that contained them. I moved everything 10 units away from the edge of the container and everything worked fine.
I just wanted to point this out in case anyone else encounters this problem.
I struggle explaining the layout design. Let me know if you need to see a project file to understand the layout. As I said, I fixed the problem and can reproduce it by simply moving a control to the edge of the coordinate container that contains it.
If you wouldn’t mind supplying the View in question, it would help us save some time.
Sure thing. What’s a good way to get files to you? You’d really want a full project restore to get all the views that are nested.
I tried restoring a backup from before I fixed the problem but the backup was from the version right before the last big update and it didn’t restore right. I’m assuming it’s because the process to break the project apart into several projects happens in the installer for the newer version but not in the backup restore process. That might be important for post-release because people will probably restore old backups to new Ignition and get a corrupted project.
I made a backup of a test version of the project that has a button that someone accidentally moved and it caused the issue. I can provide that project file and tell you which view has the problem. I can also tell you which control on the view caused the problem. It was invisible so I made it visible to make it easier to see what is going on.
If you have an email address I can send the file to that’s fine or if there’s a dropbox or something.
Restoring a Beta Build project into an RC or full Release build is not something we will support. The same goes for upgrading. We are doing extensive testing around 7.9.X -> RC/Release upgrades and restores. I’ll send you a direct message to retrieve the .proj file.
Ok, no problem. I was more concerned about someone restoring a 7.9 backup and having the project restructuring not happen. In my case it was perspective screens but I assumed a 7.9 project would have the same problem.
I opened an internal ticket and have handed the issue over to our mobile developer, along with the project files.
Hey Steve, I just had a chance to look into your issue and it looks fixable with a small css change. Can you try adding
overflow: hidden to the style for the coordinate container used in Page/Overall System Performance.
I’m in the field for a little while so I can’t get to the system that this is installed on. I’ll give it a try when I get a chance.
This issue should be fixed in the latest build.
Please let us know if you continue to see this behavior after upgrading.