I’m not sure if I was able to access Script Configuration in a place where it is not available, or if there is an issue saving Scripts at the ‘View’ level.
- Select the view in the project browser. Double-click or right-click and select Open.
- Right-click the Designer Workplace, select ‘Configure Scripts…’
- The window ‘Script Configuration on view’ appears.
- Double-click either ‘Add method…’ or ‘Add handler…’.
- Delete the contents of line 2. Put a "print ‘howdy’ " statement in line 2.
- Click Apply. Click OK.
- Right-click the Designer Workplace, select ‘Configure Scripts…’. The scripts have disappeared.
The above steps work when ‘Root’ is selected in the Project Browser.
Nice catch! Whether it is intended that custom methods and message handlers are allowed for views, the current workflow here is not the expected functionality. I’ve created an internal ticket for this.
This issue was fixed in the build that was uploaded today (2/21).
Please let us know if you continue to see this behavior after upgrading.
Sorry. I just tested on 8.0.0-beta0 (b2019022102) and saw the same functionality.
Can you let me know how they are trying to fix the issue?
- Removing the ‘Designer Workplace’ right-click menu Option ‘Configure Scripts’ while the top level of a View is selected in the ‘Project Browser’
- Have the scripts at the View level be saved when clicking OK and closing the ‘Script Configuration’ window.
You would be correct. Just tested it against our internal build that should have had the fix in it and am seeing the same functionality occur. Sorry about that, I’ll pass it back to get another fix in.
The new fix for this issue was added in the build that was uploaded today (3/7).
Please let us know if you continue to see this issue.
To provide some context, we currently removed the option to add custom scripts to views. Custom events should still function as normal.
Confirmed. Option removed.