[BUG-12935] Import tags

When I want to import tags I get an error.
It is just XML and it works in ignition 7.9
why can’t I import tags in ignition 8?
I have the newest version (updatet 1 hour ago)

Tag errors occurred during tag import
Error_Configuration(“The tag type was not specified.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Draaistation’ does not have item ‘Alarmword’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Hoofdwas 1’ does not have item ‘WarmteWisselaar’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Draaistation’ does not have item ‘Warningword’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Stickerafspuiter 2’ does not have item ‘Sproeipomp’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Stickerafspuiter 2/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Hoog’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Hoofdwas 1/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Hoog’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Stickerafspuiter 2/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Laag’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Draaistation/Alarmen’ does not have item ‘Deur spoor 1 open’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Hoofdwas 2/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Hoog’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Stickerafspuiter 1/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Hoog’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Stickerafspuiter 1/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Laag’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Hoofdwas 2/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Laag’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Hoofdwas 1/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Laag’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Waslijn/Waslijn/Draaistation’ does not have item ‘Alarmword’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Waslijn/Waslijn/Draaistation’ does not have item ‘Warningword’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Waslijn/Waslijn/Draaistation’ does not have item ‘Alarmword’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Waslijn/Waslijn/Draaistation’ does not have item ‘Warningword’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Waslijn/Waslijn/Draaistation/Alarmen’ does not have item ‘Deur spoor 1 open’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception

Can you upload the tag export here? You should be able to import a 7.9 tag export with no issues.

tags.xml (302.5 KB)

There is something going on here that looks to be UDT dependency related. If I import just the Waslijn/Sectie definition and then attempt you import file again (with Overwrite option selected), everything imports as it should. A ticket has been opened.

If you want to try it yourself, I am attaching the single UDT to import first located here: SectieOnly.xml (1.6 KB)

I have also logged a ticket internally.

Garth

1 Like

Thats working a little bit better, but not all of them are accepted yet.
I would like to hear which build this problem is solved.

Hi Joostjojo,

This issue was fixed in the build that was uploaded today (3/20). Please let us know if you continue to see this behavior after upgrading.

Hello I am currently using 8.0.16 (b2020082513) installed 28OCT2020.

After restoring a Gateway backup from 7.9 with no apparent issues, I started up my project and some tags internal to a UDT seemed to be missing from my main UDT structure. Our structure only utilizes UDTs of UDTs.

I attempted to import the tags, which also seemed to resolve the original issue, and then received the same error described here

Tag errors occurred during tag import
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘[Source]MyMachineUDT’ does not have item ‘MySubUDT’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)

Any ideas?

Hi.

I am having a similar issue here when trying to use system.tag.configure to change a tag:

[Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘[default]Level 1/165/EMO_NODE2/u_Mode’ cannot accept children tags.”)]

Have you found a solution to your problem?

Thank you.