[BUG-12935] Import tags

When I want to import tags I get an error.
It is just XML and it works in ignition 7.9
why can’t I import tags in ignition 8?
I have the newest version (updatet 1 hour ago)

Tag errors occurred during tag import
Error_Configuration(“The tag type was not specified.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Draaistation’ does not have item ‘Alarmword’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Hoofdwas 1’ does not have item ‘WarmteWisselaar’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Draaistation’ does not have item ‘Warningword’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Stickerafspuiter 2’ does not have item ‘Sproeipomp’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Stickerafspuiter 2/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Hoog’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Hoofdwas 1/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Hoog’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Stickerafspuiter 2/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Laag’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Draaistation/Alarmen’ does not have item ‘Deur spoor 1 open’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Hoofdwas 2/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Hoog’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Stickerafspuiter 1/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Hoog’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Stickerafspuiter 1/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Laag’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Hoofdwas 2/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Laag’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Lijn/Waslijn/Hoofdwas 1/I-O’ does not have item ‘Watertank Niveau Laag’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Waslijn/Waslijn/Draaistation’ does not have item ‘Alarmword’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Waslijn/Waslijn/Draaistation’ does not have item ‘Warningword’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Waslijn/Waslijn/Draaistation’ does not have item ‘Alarmword’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Waslijn/Waslijn/Draaistation’ does not have item ‘Warningword’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘types/Waslijn/Waslijn/Draaistation/Alarmen’ does not have item ‘Deur spoor 1 open’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception
Error_Exception

Can you upload the tag export here? You should be able to import a 7.9 tag export with no issues.

tags.xml (302.5 KB)

There is something going on here that looks to be UDT dependency related. If I import just the Waslijn/Sectie definition and then attempt you import file again (with Overwrite option selected), everything imports as it should. A ticket has been opened.

If you want to try it yourself, I am attaching the single UDT to import first located here: SectieOnly.xml (1.6 KB)

I have also logged a ticket internally.

Garth

1 Like

Thats working a little bit better, but not all of them are accepted yet.
I would like to hear which build this problem is solved.

Hi Joostjojo,

This issue was fixed in the build that was uploaded today (3/20). Please let us know if you continue to see this behavior after upgrading.

Hello I am currently using 8.0.16 (b2020082513) installed 28OCT2020.

After restoring a Gateway backup from 7.9 with no apparent issues, I started up my project and some tags internal to a UDT seemed to be missing from my main UDT structure. Our structure only utilizes UDTs of UDTs.

I attempted to import the tags, which also seemed to resolve the original issue, and then received the same error described here

Tag errors occurred during tag import
Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘[Source]MyMachineUDT’ does not have item ‘MySubUDT’ for overrides, and cannot accept children tags.”)

Any ideas?

Hi.

I am having a similar issue here when trying to use system.tag.configure to change a tag:

[Bad_Unsupported(“The target path ‘[default]Level 1/165/EMO_NODE2/u_Mode’ cannot accept children tags.”)]

Have you found a solution to your problem?

Thank you.

I have a problem when importing tags in CSV format, first of all I export the tags already created in my project in csv format that same file I modify it (I only change the name of the variable as a test but at the time of exporting the modified file again the following fault appears mensajefalla1

Could you help me solve this problem please?

Show the first several lines of your CSV file.

Processing: TAAAAGSSSS.csv…

Processing: archivo.txt…

I send you the images of the CVS file from left to right (I wanted to send the file itself but I think the chat does not allow me)

Do you have a blank line after nuevo_proyecto/317/DB.... ?

Did you find a solution for this one?

For his problem, try going up one "level" to the parent for the target path. So instead of ‘[default]Level 1/165/EMO_NODE2/u_Mode’ try ‘[default]Level 1/165/EMO_NODE2