[Bug-13023]Tag browse tree selected paths not updating in historical mode

When using the tag browse tree in historical mode the Selected Paths property never seems to update. In real time mode the paths update as expected creating a 1 column dataset with a row for each path selected. In historical mode however the selected paths dataset remains a 1 row 1 column dataset with an empty string where the path should be for a selected tag. I am running today’s nightly update.

Has there been any update on using the tag browse tree or is anyone else seeing this? I am still seeing this issue with b2019030502. Because of this I am unable to drag historical tags onto ez charts as well.

I can confirm the same issue with b2019030510. The Selected Paths dataset only populates when the control is set for Reatime mode and not Historical.

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you about this issue. The issue has been duplicated and an issue has been created for it. We appreciate your reporting it.

Garth

1 Like

Any idea on when this issue might get fixed?

Looks like a solution has been submitted and is under review. It is targeted for 8.0.1

Any idea on what that is from a time perspective?

This issue was fixed in the build uploaded today (4/10).

Normally we have the nightly builds accessible via https://inductiveautomation.com/downloads/ignition, but in the meantime you can find it via this post:
8.0.1 Nightlies - Temporary Place to Download the Latest Builds

Let us know if you have any issues.

Looking at this it seems there are some differences in the historical tagpath between 7.9 and the 8.0 historical tagpaths that are placed in the selectedPath property. In 7.9 the format is ‘[databaseName/gatewayName:providerName]tagpath’ and in 8.0 the format seems to be ‘histprov:databaseName:/drv:gatewayName:providerName:/tag:tagpath’. Please correct me if I’m interpreting that format incorrectly, but I just want to make sure this is on purpose. We have an onTagsDropped script on our chart that pulls some additional information when we drop a tag on the chart and want to make sure if we need to change the script to parse this new format or if it should be reading the same as 7.9. Thanks.

Testing this with a standard easy chart it appears that the tagpath once dropped is missing some portions of the tagpath as well. When dropped into the chart the tagpath the chart gets in its dataset is [databaseName]tagpath. This does not return anything in the chart, however if I modify it to be [databaseName/gatewayName:providerName]tagpath it will actually pull history on the chart.